Friday, July 13, 2012

Africa

I've had people ask to see pictures of my trip to Africa in 2010 with Mothers Without Borders . So before we get into a new trip and for those of you who haven't seen them, here are a few of my favorites:






I've been home just over 2 years now and am constantly amazed that I still continue to learn from my experiences in Zambia. Every time I re-read a journal entry from the days that I was there or reflect on a special moment I discover something new about life or about myself. There hasn't been a day since I've been home that I haven't thought about the people that I met while I was there. The people of Zambia created a special place in my heart and I will forever be grateful for their love and kindness that turned my life around.


I went to Africa to change lives but the life that was changed was my own.


If anyone would like to see more pictures sometime let me know, I have hundreds of them :)

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing Melissa. I am so glad you got to experience this. I learned so much from you and know that you will always love those people. I can't wait to hear all about India. What a neat feeling it would be to know you have made a difference in the world!

    ReplyDelete