Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 7

I'm so happy to have had a day to rest! Usually we all have the opportunity to go to church in Chennai on Sunday but the vans were picking up more volunteers today, so there were limited seats on the bus. It turned out well because I was in need of a day to catch up on sleep and journal writing.
This afternoon the internet was out so me and my roommates decided to play games.


Whoever lost each game had to drink a glass of water. The first person to use the bathroom lost. It was a good way to rehydrate!


We started Phase 10 and half way through the internet came back on, what a happy moment that was! 

Tonight we ate dinner with the kids in the dinning hall. Every night we eat red rice and curry. Some people love it but I'm really not a fan. Luckily I brought lots of snacks!

My house was wild at family time tonight. Actually to say that they were wild would be an understatement. The house mother was gone again so the kids tried getting away with as much as they possibly could. They did have a funny moment though. The girls took turns standing on a stool and singing Welcome, Welcome, Sabbath Morning. Most of them could only sing the those first 4 words in english, but they thought they were hilarious and it was adorable.












1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a slower day. Sounds like your evening was crazy. That's how I feel most days :) Loved that they sang that song. Of all songs that wouldn't be the one I would think they would sing. I think about you everyday! Wondering what you are doing! I Miss you!

    ReplyDelete